Monday, February 4, 2013

Using Interrogative Reading Methods

Using interrogative reading skills can enhance a person's reading capabilities into being able to understand the text's message and linking it to a more personal (emotional) perspective and other text's (as well as other parts of the read text- if the text has separate sections). Reading without using interrogative methods make me feel as if I'm reading something off a paper that's probably better placed in the hands of someone who might actually be interested in the topic discussed. Especially when it is a topic that I have no interest in, I tend to have to read certain paragraphs, points or lines up to four or five times just to say it in the correct grammar in my mind. Don't get me wrong, I like English grammar and learning about its oddities and irregularities. Tediously however, these four to five times does not include the actual analytic reading that I would have to do to further my understanding of what is really being said in those excerpts.

By using interrogative methods, I can focus on what is being said as I am reading it. It may take longer intervals to move from one section or paragraph to another, but it saves me the time to read the same thing four or five times in a time span of ten seconds just to understand it.

No comments:

Post a Comment